Saturday 20 June 2009

Exercise

This morning I managed to drag my lardy arse down to the gym (Virgin).
My scales at home tell me that I weigh 14st 8lb. This is exactly a stone lighter than 6 months ago, but still a couple of stones heavier than I would like to be - for the sake of my fingers and my vanity. The first stone dropped off due to changing the way I eat, but I've not been doing much exercise and have lost nothing in the last 3 months.

The Wall
I started my session on the climbing wall - warmed up on a few 5s and 6s and then did the pink 7b on line 2 a couple of times. It's not 7b, but it is a nice steady route to get my lazy body working without risking injuring my fingers.
Then I had a go at the yellow route on line 1 - this is one that the route setters couldn't be arsed to grade so they have given it the label "guess the grade" - wtf?. If it was "guess the grade that the setters gave this route and win a box of chocolates" I could see the point. As it is, it just looks like they set a route and couldn't be bothered to grade it.
Did this route a couple of times without the last move (which is way harder than anything else on the route). I was pleased with this coz it's on smallish edges, which I'm shit at using. Using an extra pocket for the top made the route about the same difficulty as the pink "7b" - could probably have used the arete to make it easier, but I wanted a crimp route.
Hopefully these two routes will be up for a while so I can measure any progress.

The Gym
Not been for a while, so no structure - just doing what I felt like.
Dips 2 x 10 and then a third set of 20.
Dead lifts. 1st set 15 @ 40kg to warm up; 10 @ 80kg; 5 @ 100kg; 5 @ 120kg; 20 @ 40kg to stop cramp from setting in.
Shoulder press machine 10 @ 20, 10 @ 30, 5 @ 40, 5 @ 50 - no idea what the units are on this thing, but I've never moved it on 50 before (I am crap at this sort of movement).
Looked at the bench press machine and decided against using it.
2 x 10 pull ups with my legs out in front of me.
3 x 10 @ 100kg on the pull down machine (both arms).
40 mins aerobic stuff.

Still feel fat.

No comments:

Post a Comment